Customize your profile for job seeking, mentorship, networking and more!

Options
Natalie Nelson
Natalie Nelson Administrator Posts: 67
edited April 25 in Get Started

Welcome to the Production Lot! Now that you've joined the community, we want you to get the most out of your member profile.  

Building out your member profile will help others get to know you–from expanding your network, to finding mentorship or career opportunities. Think of it as your IMDB, LinkedIn and resume, all rolled into one! 

Follow these simple steps to update your profile:

Build out your member profile with as much detail as you like and help others get to know you!

1. Click Edit Profile from the action drop down menu

2. Click Edit Profile Fields from the menu on the right-hand side

3. Update your profile with as much detail as you like, then click the green save button and you're done!

Pro tip: Attach Your Resume! Your next career opportunity could be just around the corner.

Help hiring managers find you by attaching your resume in the Activity section of your profile. Simply click the paperclip icon and upload a PDF. 

Please note: Anything posted in the Activity section of your profile will only appear on your profile, never in the search results. 

Maximize your profile to help the community (and hiring managers) get to know you better! Here are some ideas to get you started:

📸 Add a profile picture: Dust off that headshot and let your personality shine! A profile picture sets you apart from the crowd and helps others recognize you in discussions. 

😀 About: Add personal details like how long you've worked in production, special skills or areas of expertise, or something you're interested in doing.  

📆 Available to work: Ready to make your next career move? Check this box to let people know you're open to new opportunities. Hiring managers will be able to find you faster! 

🔗 Links: Add links to your IMDB page, your LinkedIn profile, and your personal website to showcase your credits, portfolio, or demo reel – the more you share, the more people can learn about you and your work. 

👩‍🎨 Role: What position do you fill on the production crew?

🎫 Experience: Have you worked in multiple departments throughout your career? Traveled abroad? Completed special training or an EP Academy certification? You worked hard for that - add it here! 

👋 Community Mentorship: Are you looking to find a mentor, or interested in becoming a mentor to someone else? Select "find a mentor" or "become a mentor" from the drop-down menu and let your fellow community members know they can connect with you! 

Comments

• Edward Grad
    Edward Grad Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi everyone, my name is Edward Grad. I currently looking for new work opportunities in Los Angeles County. I've been in industry for 20 years working as matte-painter, concept artist, art director on feature film, TV series, advertising and feature animation. My former employers include Walt Disney Animation, Technicolor, Rhythm & Hues, MPC, Digital Domain, The Mill and CBS. Recently I have finished working on several HBO, Amazon Prime and Apple+ TV shows.

I'm open for positions in production and post production.

My portfolio with demo reel: https://www.artstation.com/edwardgrad

LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/edwardgrad/

IMDb: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2850059/

• Joffre Madinya
    Joffre Madinya Member Posts: 1
    edited April 4
    Options

Hi everyone, This is Joffre Madinya I'm a Commercial Photographer in South Florida, I play many rolls: I do BTS photography on film and commercial sets, I do Grip and Gaffer. I'm a hard worker and fun to work with. Recently I was on the set of Bad Boys and is was pretty cool to be part of that crew.

https://www.joffremadinyaphotography.com/

www.linkedin.com/in/joffre-madinya-79386b5

• Katy Brune
    Katy Brune Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi everyone, happy Friday!

I am a production professional located in the Los Angeles/Orange County area. I currently freelance for higher profile live events and television and am looking for more production assistant or coordinator roles in Television or Film. My career in live events spans 10 years with 3 of them being in TV.

Television- Production assistant (present) and screens coordinator (past)for awards shows, reality competition, and TV Specials. I have been working more recently as a Production Assistant for the Credentials/Parking departments on various productions

• Some shows worked for television: American Music Awards 2017 & 2018, BET Awards 2018, The Voice Seasons 13 and 14, Creative Arts Emmys 2018, Kennedy Center Honors 2017, Grammys Elton John special 2018, Stand Up to Cancer 2018, Grammys 2020 & 2021,Billboard Music Awards 2020, Riot Valorant Champions Tournament 2023, Rockin' New Years Eve pretape 2024, and Emmys 2020 and 2024

I also freelance as Safety Management for Pride festivals and am a AV Project Supervisor for Conferences. I can provide an extensive list of shows worked for these plus past experience in Event Security and Festival Operations

I am an enthusiastic and dedicated worker who focuses on getting the job done. I hope you will check out my resume attached to this post and welcome you to contact me. I am available for freelance, part time, and full time positions.

Looking forward to speaking!

Katy Brune-Diaz

i

• Michele Mahjobi
    Michele Mahjobi Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi my name is Michele and it's great to be part of this community, I am a producer, writer and actor and looking to collaborate. I am looking for projects and network.

• Mariya Borodina
    Mariya Borodina Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hello! Excited to be a part of this community!

1. I’m Mariya Borodina, based in London, UK
    2. I am interested in joining production crews as a Runner, Trainee AD, Camera Assistant, or Editor
    3. I’m interested in Runner positions on sets and advancing towards becoming an Assistant Director and later on Director. 
    4. My top three favourite films are: Gone with the Wind, Big Fish, Pan’s Labyrinth. 
    5. I am looking for opportunities to advance my skills and experience. 

My portfolio: https://vimeo.com/mariyaborodina

• Jeff Collins
    Jeff Collins Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hello everyone, Jeff Collins here. Basically new to the industry, working 2 seasons on CSI and one on a True Crime series as a Technical Advisor. My experience brings 34 years of law enforcement with 14 years of Forensic Investigations at the Crime Lab. Well versed in law enforcement techniques, not limited to high impact entries, patrol tactics and investigations. Crime scene processing and lab procedures.
    Definitely interested in providing insight in television and films in law enforcement techniques and Crime Scene Investigations.

Register now, or sign in above, to access exclusive insights, expert connections, global networking, career-boosting tools, and the latest industry news.