Where? THE TOWN with Matt Belloni

Joseph Chianese
Joseph Chianese Member Posts: 130
edited August 23 in Producers

I was thrilled to join Matthew Belloni on “The Town,” one of my all-time favorite podcasts, to discuss the competitive landscape of where movies are being filmed!

With the recent strike worries behind us, production hasn’t quite bounced back to the levels we’d hoped for. It’s not just a Los Angeles or U.S. issue—this slowdown is happening across the board. The industry is going through a bit of a reset, with studios and streamers reassessing their business models. But let’s keep some perspective: we’re comparing today’s situation to an incredibly unique time. Pre-COVID, we had the streaming boom; post-COVID, a massive rebound year—and now, we’re just finding our footing after the strikes.

The film industry has always been resilient, and this time is no different. We’re strong when it comes to infrastructure, stages, trained crews, and incentives, which remain robust worldwide. Though production incentives often face criticism, they play a crucial role in lowering costs for producers, enabling more content creation, and serving as powerful job creation tools.

Personally, I’m hopeful we’ll see an extension of the theatrical window, encouraging people to return to the movies. This would be a big boost for independent films and the industry as a whole. There’s a sense of hope and optimism in the air—let’s keep that momentum going!

Comments

Register now, or sign in above, to access exclusive insights, expert connections, global networking, career-boosting tools, and the latest industry news.