Is it ok to delegate the making of a pitch video to a PA?

Options
Isaac McCord
Isaac McCord Member Posts: 6

Myself and other producers are working on this film we’re trying to pitch to investors, but we’re all just too busy to create any pitch materials for it at the moment. We’ve gone ahead and asked one of our PA’s to make it for us.

It should go live here: https://seedandspark.com/fund/five-oclock-somewhere-1?token=4577d1afc4ef417ff42dac98c1aacfe98866efb11b9898ba2e581c796bf24

Answers

• Daniel Selbrede
    Daniel Selbrede Member Posts: 3
    Options

If you really trust this PA and they have proven themselves in the past then I think it should be fine, but not ideal. Be prepared to have to make revisions as they might not be as in the know as your and your other producers which can eat up time you're trying to save.

• Chris Chandler
    Chris Chandler Member Posts: 1
    Options

If this is someone you trust to make the pitch materials and the competency to do so, they’re no longer your PA. Either before or as soon as they make that pitch deck for you, I’d promote them to AP; they aren’t assisting in the production. They’re starting to produce content that others are going to see, and could have a direct impact on whether you get the work

• Christian Foster
    Christian Foster Member Posts: 3
    Options

I surely hope you aren't paying them PA rates to do so...

• Stan Gill
    Stan Gill Member Posts: 1
    Options

If you are "just too busy to create any pitch materials" and you want someone else to produce them, you are setting yourself up for failure.

– Stan

• Daphne Matthews (Producer)
    Options

I myself believe that the creator is the best person to work one on one with the person doing the pitch deck if they are not doing the deck. A Producer, or Writer/Creator have vision on the way they would want it to be filmed, a general idea of cast to pull it off. Only someone with that same mindset can put together a great pitch. Other people tend not to care as much when they are either at the bottom of the project as far as jobs, new to the industry and still learning, or potentially out to sabotage. If someone makes a deck for you who is outside of that circle, get a professional. I do decks on the side of Producing. You are more than welcome to check out my website and contact me directly.

Daphne Matthews

CEO Lure Entertainment Productions LLC

• Corey Sienega
    Corey Sienega Member Posts: 20
    Options

I think I'm the first person to check out your link— pretty hilarious, @Isaac McCord ! Good luck with the crowdfunding!

The rest of you may want to check out the link :) - https://seedandspark.com/fund/five-oclock-somewhere-1?token=4577d1afc4ef417ff42dac98c1aacfe98866efb11b9898ba2e581c796bf24

• Isaac McCord
    Isaac McCord Member Posts: 6
    Options

@Corey Sienega Haha, thanks for checking us out! Looks like you're the only one to "get it" so far :) We actually just updated our video too!

• Corey Sienega
    Corey Sienega Member Posts: 20
    Options

Comedy is an elusive mistress…

Register now, or sign in above, to access exclusive insights, expert connections, global networking, career-boosting tools, and the latest industry news.